Image Map

Monday, January 28, 2013

Friend feature: Rocking with math

If I say "Vicky Rauch" you may don´t know who she is. But what if I say Scipi?? I bet you instantly think on math, statistics and having fun with those kind of things. Scipi has been teaching since "the earth cooled". Her husband is a teacher as well, and together they have over 70 years of teaching in the elementary, middle school, high school and college areas.



"My focus is mathematics while my husband's is science. We never want to do anything else because we love it! My teaching style is hands-on and energetic while using diverse teaching strategies. I try to teach ordinary things in extraordinary ways." She say.

I know and admire Scipi since I started to sell in TpT and is a big honor to have her great freebie in my blog.

Clic here to go to the download page

Number Tiles is a FREE seven page resource containing four different math problem solving activities for the grades 5-8. The activities extend from addition and multiplication, to using the divisibility rules. Since the students do not write in the book, the pages can be copied and laminated so that they can be used from year to year. 
Students solve the Number Tile Math Activities by arranging ten number tiles, numbered 0-9. Each problem is given on a single page, and each activity varies in difficulty which is suitable for any diverse classroom. Since the students have the freedom to move the tiles around, they are more engaged and more willing to try multiple methods to find the solution. These activities are perfect for the visual and/or kinesthetic learner and can be used individually or at a math center.


Have fun with this resource and let me know how it worked on your classroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...